If you're thinking you don't have the TIME or the MONEY for self-care today – think again, dear.
It's not about getting your nails done, but it also is...
Let me explain.
The definition of "self-care" is:(noun) 1. care of the self without medical or other professional consultation.
This means that You and You alone know exactly what you need to take care of yourself. And in knowing exactly what you need could mean making that appointment with a trusted practitioner, medical doctor or yes, even a nail technician.
For me, self-care means exactly as it sounds: TAKING EXCELLENT CARE OF MYSELF AT ALL TIMES.
Do I slip up once in awhile?
But whenever I notice myself feeling drained or feeling "stuck" I look to my methods of self-care. Below are just a few of my favorites – most of them are low in cost and some are even FREE. 💛
- Take a relaxing epsom bath with your favorite essential oil (usually lavender).
- Go for a walk in nature (without your phone).
- Buy fresh flowers and place them all over your home or office.
- Listen to music that elevates your mood! My personal favorites right now is old school Beatles or Pearl Jam.
- Sip some quality tea and read an inspiring book.
- Go to a yoga class or practice at home (get your body open...your mind follows).
- Book a massage at your favorite spa – and yes, even get your nails done.
What are your favorite self-care practices?
More importantly – what will you do TODAY to take excellent care of yourself?
P.S. My free 3-Day Online Self-Care Retreat starts soon! Sign up here.
Sources: Dictionary.com Unabridged. Random House, Inc. 12 Oct. 2016.