5 reasons to smile today
|(Me) 8 years old and really excited|
Some days I feel like a Survivor. Other days, I don't. Here are five reasons to smile today and help you to connect with your own Creative Child Self.
1. Life is short. To quote Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't look around once in awhile, you could miss it." Take a moment today, to stop everything and do nothing but observe what is around you. Notice something that you would have overlooked. Allow yourself to simply be the Observer, without your thoughts getting involved. If they do, simply take a deep breath....and let them go.
2. Free play. Do something out of the ordinary to connect with your Creative Child Self. Paint, draw, sew, sing, run, roll down a hill, dress up, write a poem. Whatever you choose, do not judge it. Allow yourself to simply be and have fun. No grownup expectations or corrections here.
3. Be grateful. Set a timer for 5 minutes and make a list of everything for which you are so very grateful. After the timer goes off, read over the list and let yourself feel grateful for YOU.
4. Pay it forward. The quickest way to feel good is to do something unexpected for someone else. Plugging the meter downtown? Put in extra for the next driver. Making banana bread? Bake an extra loaf for a neighbor. Folding clothes for your partner or child? Hand write a note telling them how much you love them and place it in their basket. Little things make a BIG difference in anyone's day.
5. Laugh. I know what you are thinking...really? How can I smile by laughing? On those really hard days, it can be best to just sit back and let someone else help you smile. Watch a comedy movie, standup, or a kids show. Laughter is good medicine. You may just forget about everything else.
What makes you smile? Share your comments below.