I'm a natural fan of lists - ever since I was young I've been writing them.
The STOP DOING LIST is my NEW favorite.
Here's how it works:
Take out a pen and paper and make a list of at least 5 things you will STOP DOING.
These don't have to be difficult or even challenging. I found that the easier the items on my Stop Doing List were, the more satisfaction I had in putting them on the list in the first place.
You want them to be things that annoy you, don't serve you, or just waste precious time that you could be using to do something you LOVE or at least like.
They can be as easy as my list below. Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
- I will stop blow drying my hair every time I wash it, now that the weather is nice.
- I will stop checking my email or FB messages before I completed my most important task for the day.
- I will stop picking up after the kids just because I see something on the floor.
- I will stop going to the store whenever someone needs something. They can usually wait, or I'll have someone else pick it up.
- I will stop being so hard on myself whenever I make a mistake. If I find myself doing this, I will replace the bad thoughts with - YOU ARE DOING THE VERY BEST YOU CAN WITH WHAT YOU KNOW NOW AND ARE CAPABLE OF RIGHT NOW. IT'S OKAY.
So, right now, grab your pen and paper or make a note on your phone – write your stop doing list. Then, read each item aloud or to yourself, checking each item off your list.
It's a New Day!!